ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

RE: privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: privacy
  • From: Janet Weathers <dr.weathers@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:35:33 -0400

I am writing to oppose the reduction in privacy proposed by the revised icann
rules. There are already procedures and means in place for law enforcement to
address violations. My concern with loosening privacy rules is that the
internet has already made it too easy to find personal information about
people. And the people who seek the personal information are not required
themselves to release their information or be held accountable in other ways. I
am a psychologist in private practice and psychologists are sometimes subject
to stalking by patients. I do not want my private information to be so readily
available. I need to have a website to promote my business, but I also need to
guard my personal information.

Sincerely,
Jan