ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: <cgspeck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:30:30 +0000

Dear ICANN –

Many small business people and individuals have sites which are an extension of
their business or identity. In this context web sites with unique domains are
essential.

Unilaterally forcing them to expose personal information, such as address and
phone number is a breach of their privacy, a human right, and potentially
exposes them to harm.

I do not want, and it is inappropriate for my address and my number to be
exposed to the whole wide world.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Regards,

Chris Speck