ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jenna <a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 03:32:57 +1000

Dear ICANN –

I'm a female software developer and I've received heaps of harassment,
including threats of rape, from men online. Whois privacy is important enough
to me that if it were unavailable, I would falsify my contact details in
preference to publishing my contact details where potential rapists can see it!

I can't believe you're seriously considering this. Who the fuck cares if some
pirates hide their address? RIAA and MPAA are doing fine. They're more
profitable than ever.

Let them get a court order. Without that small barrier we will not be safe.

—
Jenna