ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jacob Davis <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:19:01 -0400

Dear ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services:

I've registered many domains before - some for personal use and some for
business use - and I've always signed up using WHOIS privacy services. I've
done so because I do not have an office separate from my home address, and
I do not want my address and contact information public. From my
experiences, this information just gets crawled by robots and sent to
hundreds of online directories, and in turn it is used to bombard people
with spam. Since I am not willing to have my home address publicized, I
will just sign up for fewer domains and I will be forced to have a business
address outside of my home address.

I ask that you please respect internet users' rights to privacy and due
process.

Thanks,

Jacob