ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Eric Matthews <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 17:52:55 -0400

Dear ICANN,

I own several domain names for small sites and miscellaneous uses.

I deserve and fully expect to protect my personal information while on the
internet. No one has the right to get my personal information without a court
order and due process.

The internet is a wonderful but also a dangerous place.  The proposed rules
governing WHOIS privacy services would significantly decrease my ability to
protect my personal information and would seriously degrade my trust in
conducting transactions over the internet.

Do not be pressured by those organizations that seek to limit the privacy of
others for their own gain. Stand for what is right and protect the privacy of
small internet users such as myself. Keep the internet free and secure for all.

Thank you.

Eric