ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Josh King <firestorm343@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:25:57 -0700

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I strongly object to the ever dwindling right of privacy, online and elsewhere. It's something degraded year after year because we surrender these rights to fear-mongering over problems that are grossly misrepresented, and to solutions that do more harm than good.

Every user should be able to protect their privacy online by default. No one's rights should be undermined without the due process of law, which is exactly what this rule threatens. Respect our right to privacy and due process and don't compromise existing WHOIS privacy services.

Thank you.