ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>, <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Andrew Ostrowsky <Ajo84601@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 02:24:52 +0000

Dear ICANN -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court
order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private company or
individual or law enforcement agency.

You are putting everyone who is not a commerical and/or government
element in  danger of having their lives ruined or being killed in
countries of which are not democracies. Your ignorance could have
immense consequences for real people Are property laws really worth
people(s) lives? I mean WTF... I hope you people can sleep at night if
you go through with this.

Private information should be kept private. Thank You.

-Andrew Ostrowsky