ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jesse Kennedy <jessek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 17:06:25 -0400

Hello,

I'd like to send my input on the WHOIS privacy issue. WHOIS data should not
be a public repository of otherwise private information. As long as there
is contact information for administrators, I don't see any benefit in
adding more. There is already an existing process for obtaining subpoenas
and warrants for detailed information. These processes should continue to
be regulated to protect our right to privacy. Violating this privacy serves
only to enable those with no right to this information to cause undue harm.

Thanks,
Jesse