ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

on keeping option for domain names/info to be private

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: on keeping option for domain names/info to be private
  • From: Patricia Aufderheide <paufder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 18:44:57 -0400

I think there are plenty of good reasons for people to want to maintain
their privacy from a WHOIS lookup. Proxy registration does a perfectly
adequate job of making this information available in a crisis or for
supervening necessity of some kind. I hope that ICANN can resist pressure
to violate this privacy protection. Thank you.

--
Patricia Aufderheide, University Professor and Senior Research Fellow
Center for Media & Social Impact

Sample *Reclaiming Fair Use! * <http://cmsimpact.org/reclaiming>

Order Reclaiming Fair Use: How to Put Balance Back in Copyright, University
of Chicago Press, 2011.
<http://www.amazon.com/Reclaiming-Fair-Use-Balance-Copyright/dp/0226032280/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321544105&sr=8-2>