ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

My comment on proposed new WHOIS rules

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: My comment on proposed new WHOIS rules
  • From: Hotel Flight <hotelandflight@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 06:39:31 -0700

Dear ICANN,

I'm writing to you in regard to the proposed new rules governing companies that
provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I'm kindly asking you to please respect internet users' rights to privacy as I
firmly believe that everyone deserves the right to it. That being said, no
one's personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless
of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement
agency.

Therefore, I object to any release of personal information without a court
order because private information should be kept and remain of what the term
suggests - private.

Thank you.