ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jacob Erdei <jacoberdei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 15:40:15 -0500

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the WHOIS privacy services in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document

I urge you to keep on allowing privacy.

If there is something illegal going on their is already a process law
enforcement can take to uncover true identities. I run several small
businesses.  Years ago I ran a very popular site showing people how to
remove common virus threats online.  My site would come under constant
hacking attacks and I would regularly get death threats from the makers of
these computer viruses.  If they had my real home address I no doubt I may
of been a victim of a crime.

I also do publishing online on sensitive topics.  These topics and opinions
would make me a target for organized crime in Mexico and in the Middle East
where ISIS has already been known to carry out attacks against those who
speak out.

I urge you to respect peoples privacy and allow for whois information to
remain private.  Not doing so will have many Unintended consequences.

Thank you.