ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Bruce Elliott <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 08:37:58 +0100

Dear Sir or Madam,

I write in response to the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I consider that the WHOIS privacy services are of value to the fair operation of the network in protecting domain holders from harassment by the unscrupulous. The current arrangements whereby personal information is revealed only after a court order has been granted after due process seem to me to fairly balance the legitimate rights of the parties. The proposed new arrangements seem to me to be unbalanced and would undoubtedly be abused, in some cases egregiously by the worst elements in our society. I urge ICANN to respect the rights to privacy of domain holders and to retain due process in the disclosure of personal details.

Yours truly

Bruce Elliott

bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
120 Grange Drive