ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

PUBLIC COMMENT ON WHOIS PRIVACY Deadline July 7, 2015

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: PUBLIC COMMENT ON WHOIS PRIVACY Deadline July 7, 2015
  • From: Christine Mary <christinemaryspring2015@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 05:50:12 -0400

I need and use Whois Privacy speaking as a victim of cybercrime
hacking/cyberstalking/harassment/theft of information and suffering tremendous
personal and business losses because of it --- and WHOIS Privacy is absolutely
critical. Please allow trusted, competent, dedicated parties to continue to
provide the levels of safeguard that make it possible to function in the face
of the tremendous threats and risks posed by criminals and those with nefarious
intent who act with impunity and are not burdened by due process requirements
as our dedicated security, law enforcement and legal compliance professionals
who fight for justice and protecting the rights of all of us are. Cybercrime is
among the most difficult to investigate and prosecute and the reality is that
the best "solution" is to not-become a victim in the first place. Whois Privacy
is a strong line of defense against initial attack, and in a case such as mine,
Whois Privacy is giving me at least some measure of protection while I work to
rebuild and strive to create a productive life for myself and others now
following this horrendous experience of nearing a year ago.