ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Please Respect Registrants Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>, "policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx" <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Please Respect Registrants Privacy
  • From: James Bund <jwbund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 13:44:20 +0000 (UTC)

Dear ICANN,

I believe that the proposed changes to WHOIS privacy will not meet their
intended purpose.  Instead they will do the opposite by punishing the majority
of rule abiding registrants.  Someone else's very clear description of the
perils of this proposed change can be read at:

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20150703_confessions_of_an_ex_opponent_of_whois_privacy/

I urge you to read and conciser it before making a rash decision.

Thank you,

James