ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect our privacy! Don't expose WHOIS data.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect our privacy! Don't expose WHOIS data.
  • From: "domainsnamereg@xxxxxxxxxxx" <domainsnamereg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 20:48:56 +0100

Dear ICANN,

I have just learned about the proposal to remove WHOIS privacy for domain
registrants. I think it's immoral and irresponsible of ICANN that you did not
contact all your registrants first to notify us of these new guidelines that
were proposed by MarkMonitor and others who represent the same anti-privacy
industries witch backed SOPA et al.

I have dozens of home-based domain names registered and I do NOT give ICANN
permission to disclose or make available my home address and private data to
the public.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Respect our privacy! Don't expose WHOIS data. Private information must be kept
private!

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Alaman