ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Keep People Safe On the Internet. Don't Release Privacy.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Keep People Safe On the Internet. Don't Release Privacy.
  • From: Comment Board <commentboard777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 15:30:55 -0700

Dear ICann,

There is a reason that it is encouraged to keep personal information out of
chat rooms and off of the internet in general. Cyberterrorism is
everywhere. Children and adults deploy hacking and harassing as a means of
power. They simply do not care. They are disassociated from the people
whose online (and sometimes offline) lives they ruin.

I've watched this drastically affect people's legitimate businesses in a
negative manner. I have personally known someone to commit suicide over the
release of personal information and the resultant devastation it wrought. I
do not believe that such a move (the release/easy access of personal
information) should even be considered. It is not a promotion towards a
healthier world in any way,shape,or form. All it does is promote
insecurity. It is definitely not in the best interest of website owners.

In my opinion,helping to keep people safe on the internet should be an
interest of ICann's. I urge you to uphold the Right to Privacy.