ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Very concerned about public address proposal- giving power to harassers, SWATters, killers

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Very concerned about public address proposal- giving power to harassers, SWATters, killers
  • From: Forrest Taylor <fptthefirst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 18:37:31 +0000

Having registered my first website very recently, I chose to not have my
address displayed under the public WHOIS data, having had a lot of
harassment on social media and the like already even with my privacy locked
down well. Now with this new public proposal it seems ICANN may support
giving away the address of any person who registers a site. Have y'all not
heard of SWATTING, or spam pizza deliveries, or ANYTHING from the unsavory
side of the internet? I will not register my true address publically, and
if the ICANN puts these rules forward, I will do anything within my power
to violate them.