ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN Comments

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN Comments
  • From: Andrew Berg <andrewtheberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:12:52 -0700

Hello,

I have recently read that there is a proposed regulation change to make it
easier to discover the true identity of someone who registers a domain
name. I oppose these changes on the basis that in the case of legitimate
copyright infringement a subpeona can be obtained, while in the case that
someone is posting about controversial topics, or is being harassed or
bullied, this change would unnecessarily subject them to more direct forms
of intimidation.

Thank you,

Andrew Berg