ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy and proxy services rule change

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Privacy and proxy services rule change
  • From: Sanedog Business Admin <biz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 12:57:23 -0400

I am an independent musician in the process of establishing a website for distributing my music.

The site may be considered "commercial" because I will be accepting voluntary payment for downloads. I do not plan on having advertisements at this time.

I do not wish for my personal details to be available for anyone who does a WHOIS search.

Removing the proxy functionality for website owners like me would create a potential for unacceptable harassment and abuse while solving few problems.

The cost of this move far outweighs any benefits.

Regards,
David Carroll, Maryland, USA.