ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-rdap-profile-03dec15]

RDAP Operational Profile for gTLD Registries and Registrars

  • To: comments-rdap-profile-03dec15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RDAP Operational Profile for gTLD Registries and Registrars
  • From: Tobias Sattler <sattler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 08:22:58 +0100

To whom it may concern,

united-domains appreciate the opportunity to comment on RDAP Operational
Profile for gTLD Registries and Registrars and we think that it will be a step
forward, especially because of SSL.

Having said that, as a registrar we are required to operate a WHOIS for
sponsored _thin_ gTLDs (.com/.net/.jobs) only. All new gTLDs and most of
existing gTLDs are _thick_. Therefore we would have to implement RDAP just for
a few _thin_ gTLDs, while it is planned to transform these to _thick_ gTLDs.
There is the GNSO Thick WHOIS Policy Implementation
(https://community.icann.org/display/TWCPI/Thick+Whois+Policy+Implementation)
working group already. Furthermore registrars would face additionally effort
and costs to implement RDAP that won’t be required for us in the future. We
would rather like to finish the transition from thin to thick first.

Kind regards

Tobias Sattler
Chief Information Officer

--
united-domains AG
Gautinger Str. 10

Phone: +49 8151 36867-0
Fax: +49 8151 36867-77
http://www.united-domains.de
sattler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Registration No.: HRB 127020, Munich
Board of Directors: Florian Huber (Chairman), Alexander Helm, Markus
Eggensperger
Supervisory Board: Dr. Oliver Mauss (Chairman)