ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-tel-renewal-04aug16]

Proposed Renewal of .TEL Registry Agreement

  • To: comments-tel-renewal-04aug16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed Renewal of .TEL Registry Agreement
  • From: mark kolb <markpkolb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 06:48:55 -0400

I am a heavy .TEL user and provider of free tools to hundred of users in
the .TEL community - since its go live year.

I would like to see the .TEL extension continued, especially in its current
DNS-dependent format.

.TEL is by far the easiest domain extension to use. Although most people
don't understand the full potential, it is very powerful in its ease of use
and ability to quickly create and maintain subdomains. This extension is
great for creating directories and providing awareness for business. I have
tools that can create directories in minutes using .TEL.

This extension has not been well documented by the registry, and as far as
I and many are concerned, it is an unfortunately, well-kept secret that
helps many create an instant web present without additional hosting and
programming costs. The original .TEL idea as an online contact card is
still valid, but there are so many other more valuable uses for the
extension. Look at the sites documented at www.TelIdentity.com for
examples.

There is also the parallel TelNames .TEL implementation with a different
style which is very valuable. I have 100+ customers that use this format as
well, besides my own hundreds of directories using several basic .TEL
formats.

I hope this extension continues to live and thrive.

Best Regards,
Mark Kolb
www.TelMasters.com