ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-whois-accuracy-14may15-en]

WHOIS Accurancy

  • To: comments-whois-accuracy-14may15-en@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS Accurancy
  • From: John Davidson <jwdavidson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:05:50 -0400

The use of a proxy registration does not impact the accuracy of the WHOIS.
It does enhance the privacy and makes it a requirement to obtain a subpoena
or warrant to lift the proxy. This is a good and necessary requirement.

IF the RIAA and MPAA want registrations to not be behind a proxy then they
should first expose the name, address, phone number and email address of
all their members.

By employing a proxy the data is more probably accurate than if a proxy was
not used. I know I would use fake information, even going to the extent of
creating a disposable email for registration if this is changed.

John Davidson
South Mountain, Canada
sapientier.com