ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-whois-regid-15feb13]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

The WHOIS Registrant Identification Recommendations

  • To: ICANN <comments-whois-regid-15feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The WHOIS Registrant Identification Recommendations
  • From: Virginia Benedict <virginia.benedict@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 09:22:47 -0500

1.  I am recommending that all Registrars should be required to maintain
256 SSL/TLS Customer Accounts and web hosting accounts.

2. That web-crawlers should be prevented from publishing whois sensitive
information such as IPs, etc.  Especially since we are paying dearly for
privacy.

For premium account holders when someone searches the domain  it should
respond with this account is private or similar and nothing more.

At present way too much information is published about a domain even when
we are paying for privacy.

BTW, I would like to volunteer to serve ICANN.  Please let me know if  you
still have volunteer openings.

Respectfully yours,

*~ Virginia Benedict*

Technologies Analyst (cir 1989)

Systems & Network Security/Computer Forensics (cir 2000)

Professional Social Media Managing Curator (cir 1992)

Market Engineering Strategist (cir 1984)

914-923-2103 (by Appt)

*SocialTech Editor™*
http://socialtecheditor.blogspot.com/
*TechMarket Editor™*
http://techmarketeditor.blogspot.com/
www.TechMarketEditor.com <http://www.techmarketeditor.com/>
@TechMrktEditor
@System_Prompt

*“Encouraging Innovation through Thought Process & Social Collaboration.” ©
All WWRR*

WARNING! ACTION SHALL BE TAKEN AGAINST INTRUDERS!
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee(s) named above.
if you are not the intended named addressee(s), you are not authorized
to retain, read, copy or disseminate this message,  any part of
 or its attachment(s).

*

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>