ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-wisp-10may13]

Whois Information Status Policy

  • To: comments-wisp-10may13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Whois Information Status Policy
  • From: Tobias Sattler <sattler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:35:33 +0200

Dear ICANN staff,

After reading the draft of WISP, I am wondering why this is not a part of the
new ICANN RAA 2013
Registration Data Directory Service (WHOIS) Specification. In this
specification the format of the
WHOIS output is specified in section 1.5. A reference to the RFC 3732 section
2.3 "Status Values"
would be missing in terms of domain status.

If the message "For more information on WHOIS status codes, please visit [URL]"
would be added
in the Registration Data Directory Service (WHOIS) Specification of the new
ICANN RAA 2013, I
think we wouldn't need WISP at all. But maybe I am missing something here.

Nevertheless, in section 1b it says we have to add an link to each EPP status
code.
I don't think it is really necessary to do so, if we have to add the message
"For more information on WHOIS status codes, please visit [URL]".

Kind regards

Tobias Sattler
Chief Information Officer

united-domains AG
Gautinger Str. 10
82319 Starnberg
GERMANY

Phone: +49 8151 36867-0
Fax: +49 8151 36867-77
http://www.united-domains.de
mailto:sattler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Registration No.: HRB 127020, München
Board of Directors: Florian Huber (CEO), Alexander Helm, Markus Eggensperger