ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[coop-renewal]

Re: .coop Renewal Proposal

  • To: coop-renewal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: .coop Renewal Proposal
  • From: graham.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:27:32 +0000

I am the lead worker for .coop domain name within Co-operatives UK, the
central services organisation for the UK co-operative business sector. We
have been a keen supporter of the .coop TLD and have been active in
promoting it to our members and to the wider co-operative sector in the
UK. There is clearly a lot of support for the TLD amongst the UK
co-operative community, as the TLD offers a distinctive platform for
differentiation of co-operative businesses, clearly setting co-operatives
apart from other business models.

The role of dotCooperation LLC in coordinating and promoting the .coop TLD
globally has been outstanding, and with the recent developments made by
the registry operator, I believe that the next two to three years will see
.coop firmly embedded in the infrastructure of the global co-operative
community, and the TLD will really begin to thrive and grow in usage.

Until now, internet related activity by many co-operative organisations,
especially smaller co-operatives and those located in less developed
countries has been limited. With recent technological changes many of the
barriers for these smaller and less wealthy organisations are beginning to
be overcome. Combined with imminent innovations in the marketing of .coop
domain names I believe that we will see substantial growth in the purchase
and active use of names in the coming period.

Graham Mitchell
Marketing and Communications
Co-operatives UK
Holyoake House
Hanover Street
Manchester M60 0AS
tel: 0161 246 2953
mobile: 07906 318677
fax: 0161 831 7684
mailto:graham.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.cooperatives-uk.coop

Co-operatives UK - growing the co-operative movement.
Find co-operatives near you: http://www.uk.coop

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the named
addressee you should not distribute, print or copy this e-mail.  Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system.  E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
message or its contents, which arise as a result of email transmission.  In
addition the message should not be seen as forming a contract.The Co-operative
Group reserves the right to intercept e-mail received and sent.  By sending
e-mails to and from the Co-operative Group you also give your consent to
monitoring and recording of e-mail correspondence for assessment of compliance
with the Co-operative Group published rules.