ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

I OPPOSE!

• To: cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I OPPOSE!
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:10:26 -0700

I absolutely oppose this ridiculous, close-minded and unconstitutional new constituency. I am a web developer and to limit the internet in such a fashion goes against the right to free speech!!!!

If people don't have the will power or knowledge to not view website they find offensive, then that is their issue and should not impact my ability to view any website I want to view! There are numerous pieces of software that allows a parent to protect their child from adult material on the internet, I use such software myself for my children, it works and it works well. The guise of saying this ridiculous constituency is for the safety of children is a bunch of you know what, this is really a way for the religious right wings to control what we all view and see on the internet. We've already seen what the wonderful "religious right wing" has done to our country's economy these last couple of years, are we really going to let them have control of our internet now?

I VOTE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, IT IS MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT! AND I ABSOLUTELY, VEHEMENTLY OPPOSE ANY INTERNET RESTRICTIONS SUCH AS THIS ONE!

Jen Canseco (Web Designer of many websites, including adult content sites!)

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy