ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

Re: [At-Large] New CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter

  • To: At-Large Worldwide <at-large@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>, ICANN cybersecurity <cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [At-Large] New CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:22:47 -0700

John and all,

  This goes far beyond the Mormon church.  Yet perhaps they
may play a tiny role.  But I agree such a single issue Constituency
as part of the GNSO, which was ill formed when it was the DNSO
to begin with, only is propagating that legacy one bad step further.
Such is a result of a perpetuation of poor leadership getting worse.

  Mormons are basically good people.  Sure they have their bad
apples like any other religious organization.  Signaling them out
and assigning some sort of extra responsibility for the petition
of a new constituency or other questionable attributions is
not consistent with rational behavior.  ICANN has been trying
to build it's own Church/relegion/cult or what have you, sense it's
very conception.

  The GNSO itself is now, and always has been a good idea that
was made bad by a poor and skewed constituency model. Massive
reform is, and has been needed of the GNSO for some time/years.