ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dns-cert-proposal]

comments on the DNS-CERT proposal

  • To: dns-cert-proposal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: comments on the DNS-CERT proposal
  • From: ALAIN AINA <aalain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:34:14 +0000

Dear,

I am sending my comments as contribution to this important discussion.
Hope its helps

--alain

--------------------------------
Since the first symposium on "The Global DNS Security,Stability, Resiliency &
Symposium "in February 2009, we
follow with great interest the discussions around measures to strengthen
security and stability of the DNS.
We have welcomed the idea of setting up DNS-CERT. Indeed it should be noted
that many
nations in the Africa region has no CERT / CSIRTs and DNS operators are far
from existing institutions
acting around the DNS. It should be remembered that in the past, some
operators, especially those of the community
of country code domain names have enjoyed working with ICANN on actions aimed
at undoing some  malicious activities
around the DNS.

It would be interesting to continue the discussion on this important issue with
all parties to achieve
objectives defined under the following conditions:

1- Do not reinvent the wheel

2- See how to collaborate with the existing

3- Consider the alternatives acceptable cost, because it is clear that, some
communities that would benefit from this can not  commit financially  at large
scale

4- See how to undertake this initiative without leaving the prerogatives of
ICANN

thank you