ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[domain-tasting-motion]

RE: [ga] domain tasting comments

  • To: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>, domain-tasting-motion@xxxxxxxxx, aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] domain tasting comments
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:12:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Dominik and all,

  If a registrar or registry is not taking active
and definitive measures to eliminate Tasting,
than it is operating in a largely dishonest manner,
and doing so knowingly.  As to why, I can only speculate
that the reason has more to do about registration fees
than anything else.

  Additionally, if ICANN itself, meaning the ICANN staff
and Bod are not taking definitive steps to eliminate
Tasting, than it is at least complicit in Tasting activity,
or is so understaffed it cannot function in the best
public interest that can and should already been achieved.
As to why they are not taking effective and definitive steps
is again likely largely more to do about fees it receives from
registrars and registries than anything else.

  As such, and if I am correct, it would be largely
evident that ICANN is not performing in the best possible
public interests, nor is it acting as you indicate, in the
best or ethical commercial interest either.  From where
I sit, that's largely irresponsible leadership and at least
a violation of the MOU, if not in fact, in sprit.  Such
is not exceptable by any measure I am aware of.  From what
we have all witnessed, it should be clear that I am
unfortunately an sadly correct.  FWIW, I wish I wasn't
correct! >:(