ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

ICANN - please move forward with EOIs new Top Level Domains

  • To: draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - please move forward with EOIs new Top Level Domains
  • From: Catherine Park <catepark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 05:22:23 -0800

Dear ICANN:

I am a Korean American film producer, Internet user, and close follower of the technology scene. I have been watching the debate between those who want freedom and domain choice on the Internet, and established trademark lawyers seeking to prevent change.

I think the EOI proposal is an important step forward for the Internet in general. I believe the world will benefit from more choice in domain names. I think my home country, Korea, would benefit from other choices than .kr

The lawyers against top level domains do not represent the interests of Internet users in general.

Thank you allowing me to voice my opinion.

Sincerely,
Catherine Park