ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

Are trademark reps being honest with ICANN and the community?

  • To: "draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx" <draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Are trademark reps being honest with ICANN and the community?
  • From: Jennifer Linneman <linnemanj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:10:55 +0000

 A comment on EOIs yesterday submitted by a respected trademark protector, made
absolutely no mention of trademarks. Why would someone whose clients pay him to
protect their trademark interests be so concerned about completely unrelated
details of the EOI process-- details that have absolutely nothing to do with
trademarks?

I think it is time that the same trademark folks who are working with ICANN
(spending our money) on trademark issues come clean and publicly state whether
or not they want new TLDs, regardless of trademark resolutions.  I think they
may be acting disingenuously--wasting everyone's time and resources, creating
confusion and obstructing the process of the good people of ICANN--when their
only true intention is to ultimately deny the world's internet community the
benefit of new TLDs.

Respectfully,

Jennifer Linneman