ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

Pre-Registration of new gTLDs

  • To: <draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pre-Registration of new gTLDs
  • From: "Deborah Greaves" <deborah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:17:01 -0800

Dear ICANN:

As the representative of a trademark owner that faces pervasive internet
abuse, squatting, piracy, counterfeiting, etc., I wish to let you know
that our company vehemently objects to the pre-registration of new
gTLDs.  By implementing a preregistration option, ICANN forces us into
an early and costly decision that could have long lasting implications
and which relates to a matter that we believe, as do trademark owners in
general, has not been fully analyzed or vetted by ICANN.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Deborah Greaves

Deborah Greaves