ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa-phase-1-report]

DSSA Report

  • To: "dssa-phase-1-report@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa-phase-1-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: DSSA Report
  • From: David Cake <davecake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:02:19 +1030

The work of the DSSA continues to be an excellent example of how serious and
significant security work can be performed within the ICANN bottom up model,
involving members of the broad ICANN community. I was a member of the Security,
Stability and Resiliency Review Team, and followed the work of the DSSA
closely. The careful development of a risk assessment model is a valuable
development in strengthening and systematizing community security and stability
efforts, and in my opinion the approach taken and work performed fits well
within the general strategy for ICANNs approach recommended by the Security,
Stability and Resiliency Review Team. The work of the DSSA is valuable, and I
support the contents of the report and the DSSAs planned future work.

While I am currently the Chair of the Non-Commercial Users Constituency, this
comment is submitted in my individual capacity.

David Cake