ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread

  • To: dssa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread
  • From: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:34:02 +1000

OK  Mikey  just to follow your lead then ;-)

Hi All!  I'm also in the WG  from a Non Tech POV  although was instrumental as
the then serving Chair of the ALAC along with my fellow SO/AC  Chairs of the
time  Chris and Chuck  (ccNSO & GNSO) for  getting the whole concept off the
ground and the Charter organised  etc., after the Nairobi Meeting of
ICANN...   I'll describe myself as  " .... a simple  Internet end-user /
consumer / registrant..."   but  as I Director of auDA  I have also a
particular interest in the aspects of our work from a ccTLD  perspective.
 lots of relevant details if your interested about me in Bio materials  I
post for ICANN use at
https://community.icann.org/display/~cheryl.langdon-orr/Home   Some of you
have worked with me before :-)  and I look forward to meeting the rest of
you and getting to know you as well...

I have absolutely NO musical talent at all but have good negotiation,
consensus building, strategy and policy development skill sets...

Much of my working life has  been related to or involved in areas quality
management systems; analytical laboratory and reporting processes, risk
analysis / critical point assessment and risk minimization in industries
 ranging from meat and livestock, abattoirs and slaughterhouses,
 viticulture,  soil science, human pathology laboratories, analytical
standards production,  food production (HACCP), turn-key laboratories and
NATA accreditable processes and facilities through to the demolition,
building and construction world; So  I'd suggest  I'm a generalist with
eclectic but experiences in critical systems where high levels
of accountability and often transparency are required  and have some of the
analysis and process problem solving skill sets we might find useful in our
planned work.

Also, like Mikey,  I live in a rural environment;  but we have only a small
portion of arable land adjacent to some of our beautiful Australian bushland
in the Hawkesbury sandstone region of outer (NW Sydney) here is a link to
the Google maps reference
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207770077020958282505.0004625c4fef647d9d54f&ll=-33.594755,151.028924&spn=0.002596,0.005284&t=h&z=18

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)