ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] "introductions" thread

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] "introductions" thread
  • From: Patrick Jones <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 07:43:12 -0700

Here is my contribution to the “Introductions” thread -

My name is Patrick Jones, part of ICANN’s Security team for the past two years
and facilitating the efforts of this working group as a subject matter expert
from staff. While I do not have a technical background, I have had the good
fortune to work closely with some brilliant technical minds at ICANN and in the
community over the last five plus years.

I helped set up ICANN’s contingency exercise program out of the development of
the Registry Failover/Registry Continuity project in 2007, and have been
supporting the FY 10, FY 11 and FY 12 Security, Stability & Resiliency Plans
from the Security team. I spent my first three years on staff as part of the
gTLD Registry team and I’ve been part of the overall community since 2000. My
previous cross-community working group involvement dates back to the 2007 GNSO
Reserved Names Working Group, and before that, as a contributor to the 2002
UDRP Review Task Force. Full bio at http://www.icann.org/en/biog/jones.htm.

This is a big group and I’m looking forward to what it can do.

--
Patrick

--
Patrick L. Jones