ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] a cool idea

  • To: dssa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dssa] a cool idea
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:52:54 -0500

hi all,

as we move into doing real work (yay!) i'm starting to think more about some of
the "content" stuff.  a friend of mine just posted this link to "The Limoncelli
Test: 32 Questions for Your Sysadmin Team" and i saw it as a good model for a
best-practices guide.  not exact overlap with what we're doing, but an
interesting model to consider.

        http://everythingsysadmin.com/the-test.html

see what you think.  if nothing else, it's a great self-test for anybody who's
doing sysadmin type stuff.  my tiny personal server is pretty close, but there
are a few improvements i'm going to make as a result of taking this quiz.  :-)

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com