ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] DSSA Adobe chat transcript

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] DSSA Adobe chat transcript
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 07:03:59 -0700

Rossella Mattioli 2: hi everyone!

Rossella Mattioli 2: IGF remote participation is difficult

Rossella Mattioli 2: :)

Mark Kosters: hello - i'm going to be in listen-only mode today

CLO: Hi there

Patrick Jones: Hello all

Rick Wilhelm: Hi all...

Mark Kosters: not mark kosters?

Mike O'Connor: and Bart

Andre Thompson: Hello

Rossella Mattioli 2: I am only on the adobe

Rossella Mattioli 2: :)

CLO: :-)

Patrick Jones: I'm also under the staff list

Patrick Jones: Welcome to ICANN Nathalie

CLO: lol  REALLY  Patrick:?

Nathalie  Peregrine: oops sorry Patrick, my apologies.

Patrick Jones: SAC 7 was the Domain Name Hijacking Report

Patrick Jones: of July 2005

Mark Kosters: it could

Rick Wilhelm: LMGTFY:
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/hijacking-report-12jul05.pdf

Rossella Mattioli 2: super

Mark Kosters: very well known tho

Diego Espinoza .cr: Hi, I'm only on adobe today

Mark Kosters: you have has glue www.cnn.com<http://www.cnn.com> that is an ns

Mark Kosters: and an ip that is different (and that cnn.com<http://cnn.com>
does not exist)

Rossella Mattioli 2: 2nd lever for me too

Mark Kosters: it is possible but hard

Mark Kosters: administratively controlled

Diego Espinoza .cr: Only adobe, sorry

Diego Espinoza .cr: There is a working group on the go to build a contact
repository for emergency

Diego Espinoza .cr: from ccNSO and one of the huge issues is keep up to date
the contact information

Diego Espinoza .cr: is a big issue related directly with the management of the
ccTLD\

Andre Thompson: agreed - second level

Rossella Mattioli 2: me too

Diego Espinoza .cr: I wrote 2 lines, but is supporting that contact information
is on the scope

Diego Espinoza .cr: YES

Diego Espinoza .cr: I'm sorry, but there's a huge discussion on the
dns-operations OARC list about how to keep the zone files integriry

Diego Espinoza .cr: integrity, yes, on scope

Diego Espinoza .cr: not only small ones has problem in the pass with this issue

Keith Drazek: agree that competence of registry operator is in scope

Diego Espinoza .cr: I agree that is on the scope

Diego Espinoza .cr: BUT, the DNSSEC infrastructure impact

Diego Espinoza .cr: should be there

Diego Espinoza .cr: Mike, but about DNSSEC impact on infrastructure should be
there, is not a DNSSEC plain concept

Katrina Sataki: Agree

Rossella Mattioli 2: I agree with Diego

Keith Drazek: i agree with rick; i lean towards this being out of scope

Diego Espinoza .cr: This is  "impact on TLD infrastructure"

Rick Wilhelm: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac035.pdf

Diego Espinoza .cr: OK, I understandt now, is about consumer router and
firewall, I agreed is out of the scope

Diego Espinoza .cr: I'm sorry, I forgot to lower my hand

Patrick Jones: Both

Patrick Jones: Keith is correct, and we later updated that term to be 'Registry
Continuity'; registry failure can have an infrastructure imapct

Patrick Jones: impact

Patrick Jones: The group may want to distinguish between "registry continuity"
as the process to ensure orderly transition of a registry (or shut down), from
registry failure

CLO: I agree Andre

Diego Espinoza .cr: bussiness continuity could be at the superior level, at the
same  leve of operational issues

Diego Espinoza .cr: Maybe higher!

Diego Espinoza .cr: I'm not so sure

Diego Espinoza .cr: Is a very high level concept

Mark Kosters: thanks

Rossella Mattioli 2: thank you!

Bart: Take care

Katrina Sataki: thank you! bye!

Diego Espinoza .cr: Thanks. bye

Andre Thompson: bye

CLO: Thanks  Mikey  Thanks all good call...