ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] one-page walk-around document for Dakar

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] one-page walk-around document for Dakar
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:28:34 -0500

hi Julie,

i think one handy thing would be a central place where DSSA-members could pick
up copies when they need them.  The Rack was what we settled on during the
call, but maybe there's some other place that would work?  i'd be inclined to
just have a stack on the table -- i don't think it's terrible if a) we run out
every once in a while or b) there's nobody there to talk to people about it.
but having a pile of them available *would* be helpful.

mikey

On Oct 13, 2011, at 1:49 PM, Julie Hedlund wrote:

> Mikey,
>
> Just one issue that Bart and Patrick and I discussed with the ICANN Meetings
> Department after this morning's DSSA-WG meeting.  In Dakar, there isn't
> really a "rack" or a booth that we can use to put copies of the document.
> (There will be a table but it won't be occupied so there won't be someone
> there to put out materials when they run out, speak about them, etc.)  So,
> we would like to suggest that perhaps we could simply focus on having the
> copies available at the status-update sessions, as carry-arounds for hallway
> conversations, postings, etc.  (That is, all of the other suggestions
> below.)
>
> Thanks,
> Julie
>

> On 10/13/11 2:28 PM, "Mike O'Conner" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> here's a one page (printed on two sides) document that summarizes the very
>> top
>> level of the Threats and Vulnerabilities work that we've been doing.  for
>> those of you who missed the call, here's our thinking:
>>
>> -- copies of this document will be placed in The Rack in ICANN's booth for
>> those who are interested.
>>
>> -- copies will also be available in each of the status-update sessions in the
>> ACs and SOs
>>
>> -- DSSA members (that would be you) are encouraged to carry a few of these
>> around with you and share them with interested folks in "hallway
>> conversations" during the week in Dakar
>>
>> -- a copy of this document should be posted on each update-meeting on the
>> ICANN-meeting wiki (AC/SO update sessions as well as the DSSA face to face
>> meeting on Thursday)
>>
>> -- a copy will also be put on the At Large meeting thumbdrive
>>
>> it's a little bit busy, but doesn't look too bad when printed out.  i
>> couldn't
>> figure out how to put a contact email-address on here, so i listed us all --
>> in hopes that we could all become ambassadors for the work.
>>
>> mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com