ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] Link to detailed NIST risk-assessment methods

  • To: dssa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dssa] Link to detailed NIST risk-assessment methods
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:04:55 -0600

hi all,

we spent a fair amount of time on the call today getting a first look at a
methodology from NIST (US gov't -- National Institute of Standards and
Technology -- inside the Dept of Commerce, i think).

those of us on the call felt that this might be a "good enough" methodology to
serve as a starting point for building out our analysis -- so i'm forwarding a
link to a long detailed PDF that describes it.  i'm just starting to read it
myself and hope that we can come back to the same topic on our next call.

        csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-30-rev1/SP800-30-Rev1-ipd.pdf

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356