ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] weekly status report -- NOTE: this one is interesting, for a change -- you might want to read it

  • To: dssa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dssa] weekly status report -- NOTE: this one is interesting, for a change -- you might want to read it
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:39:45 -0600

hi all,

we writers of status reports mostly enjoy ones that are really boring.  but
after 10 boring ones in a row, it's a nice change of pace to write an
"interesting" one every once in a while.  this is perfect -- it's interesting,
but not a crisis.

the question of "methodology" has been on our minds for the last few weeks and
now, as we start to focus on a specific one (NIST 800-30), it is becoming clear
that the choice of methods, and the worksheets that we'll use to conduct our
analysis, are likely to be a pretty important deliverable of this working
group.  so the Ops team will be pondering whether this is a big enough piece of
work (that's not called out in our charter, but is required in order to
complete the work that *is* called out in our charter) to take back to our
respective chartering organizations for review.

i'm copying the Ops list on this status report since i know some of you AC/SO
leader people tend to watch that list a little more closely.  right now it's
safe to say that this is just an alert with no action required.

enjoy,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356