ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from DSSA 26-01-2012

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from DSSA 26-01-2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:06:00 -0800

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:G'day
  Mike O'Connor:boy howdy!
  Rossella Mattioli:Hi all!
  Mike O'Connor:hi Rossella!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:google map ref http://g.co?maps?nq4gx
  Nathalie  Peregrine:sorry http://g.co/maps/nq4gx
  Nathalie  Peregrine:find cheryl
  Rossella Mattioli::)
  Joerg Schweiger:your welcome!
  Rossella
Mattioli:http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/blog/2012/01/comcast-releases-detailed-analysis-of-nasa-gov-dnssec-validation-failure/
  Jacques Latour:Root Zone Management - somawhat manual and automated
  Jacques Latour:no audio here
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Perhaps  I'm being simplistic  but I like ...the Generic
word  overhaul
  Rossella Mattioli:too small
  Rossella Mattioli:thanx!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes the BF  should be more fixible  than the config error
(assuming the BF  is nit caused by 'sabottage  that IS a malicious / deliberat
Confic  Error)  I would have thought
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:What did we vote the other time?
  bart:Escrow and othe measures can also be categorised as risk mitigating
factors
  Jacques Latour:I think the context for this is a threat for a large TLD to go
out of business unpextected, malicious, natural disaster, and recoverability of
the zone file not possible?  (something like that)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed  Bart
  Jacques Latour:no talk,
  Patrick Jones:So perhaps this is an example for the next category, but there
is an example of KPNQuest's bankruptcy from 2000. They were hosting several
smaller TLDs and when they went bankrupt there were impacts
  Jacques Latour:by business failure we mean financial failure?
  Patrick Jones:I'm going send details on this one to the list, as I'm not
capturing all the nuance in the chat
  bart:KPN Q west is interesting example of what haapnes. The first thing that
happened was that the caretakers came in. WHat will happen next depends very
much on national law provisions
  Patrick Jones:Thanks Bart - yes
  Jacques Latour:dnssec failure for the root zone?
  Joerg Schweiger:it is
  Jacques Latour:me
  Jacques Latour:we have very small deployment of DNSSEC on the planet
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Time?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Apologies but I need to go
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Be there soon OCL
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok.
  Patrick Jones:I have to drop off as well
  Joerg Schweiger:I'd reverse my vote
  Jacques Latour:next time will have audio
  Joerg Schweiger:bye folks
  bart:Bye all, see you next week
  Katrina Sataki:thank you! bye!
  Rossella Mattioli:thank you, bye !