ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript 09/02/2012

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript 09/02/2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 07:02:45 -0800

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am on another call at the moment & will join at the
top of the hour
  Rossella Mattioli:hi all!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!
  Katrina Sataki:Hello!
  Greg Aaron:hello
  bart:HAllo
  Greg Aaron:I will be able to join via Adobe only today.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Greg are you using the connect to audio feature ?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Wim Degezelle has joined the call
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am on the call now
  Greg Aaron:Cheryl, I am not ure the add-on is working for me.  But I'll try
it.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:well worth it Greg  IMO
  Greg Aaron:IANA's responsibel for maintaining and coordinating the root zone.
  Greg Aaron:Nothing gets into the root without going through IANA.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:For the record  Mikey when we discuss you pruning exercise
(as you just contexted it for us) and a analysis run  I will want to discuss it
a lot more and will probably resist too  much prune  for a FIRST
  Jacques Latour:mikey, it's 8 on the "1", not the "0" field
  Joerg Schweiger:thanx
  Greg Aaron:Cheryl, who is going to win the Philadelphia-Los Agneles game this
weekend, and by what point spread?
  Greg Aaron:use that crystal ball for me
  Jim Galvin:Sounds good to me.
  bart:Maybe ACTA is a better example, this is still on the polictical agenda,
and dealt with in a nonen transparant manner
  Rossella Mattioli:yes I agree
  Greg Aaron:A government can affect the Internet in  way that are outside of
theri ccTLDs.
  Greg Aaron:The answer is "yes."
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree  Greg
  Greg Aaron:One of the problems with SOPA is that it would ahve falsified DNS
  Greg Aaron:Perhaps another area here is the issue of universal resolvability.
  Greg Aaron:I can think of some ways.
  Greg Aaron:I am thinking not so much of individual zone files.
  Joerg Schweiger:cutting off the atlantic cable
  Greg Aaron:The audio is not working for me.
  Greg Aaron:The issue of universal resolvability and a unified root is an
important issue for ICANN.
  Greg Aaron:I suggest that next meetingcould be an interesting discussion of
DNS fitering, DNSSEC, etc. (and I'll have audio)
  Greg Aaron:.NET contains a ton of important nameservers...
  Greg Aaron:thank you
  bart:IAs soon all meetings are scheduled I will send a overview
  Rossella Mattioli:thanks!
  Katrina Sataki:thank you! bye!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye all