ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 16 February 2012

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 16 February 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:49:49 -0800

Dear All,

Please find the Mp3 recording from the DSSA-WG call on Thursday, 16 February
2012 at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dssa-20120216-en.mp3

Please find the Adobe room presentation recording here:
http://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1pd2t6gosk/

A transcript of the AC Chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Transcript and Presentation will be posted shortly on:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb

Attendees on the call:

At Large Members

. Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ALAC)

. Olivier Crépin-Leblond (ALAC) (co-chair)

. Edmon Chung - (ALAC)

. Andre Thompson (At-Large)

ccNSO Members

. Takayasu Matsuura, .jp

. Katrina Sataki, .lv

. Jörg Schweiger, .de (co-chair)

NRO Members

.Mark Kosters (ARIN); (co-chair)

GNSO Members

. Mikey O'Connor - (CBUC) (co-chair)

. Greg Aaron - (RySG)

.Scott McCormick (IPC)

.Don Blumenthal - (RySG)

.Rosella Mattioli (NCSG)

SSAC Members

. Jim Galvin (SSAC)

Experts

. Scott Algeier

ICANN Staff:

Julie Hedlund

Bart Boswinkel

Patrick Jones

Nathalie Peregrine

Apology: none

Luis Diego Espinoza,.cr

Nishal Goburdhan (NRO)

John Levine (At-Large)

Ondrej Filip, .cz

Mohamed El Bashir (At-Large)

Keith Drazek - (RySG)

Otmar Lendl, .at

Patrick Vande Walle (At-Large)

Chris Wright, .au

George Asare-Sakyi - (NCSG)

Adam Palmer - (CBUC)

Andrew de la Haye (NRO Member) - for the next 4 weeks

 David Conrad (SSAC)

Arturo Servin (LACNIC

Sean Copeland, .vi

Rick Wilhelm, Network Solutions

** Please let me know if your name has been left off the list ** Link to
Working Group Wiki space:
https://community.icann.org/display/AW/Joint+DNS+Security+and+Stability+Analysis+Working+Group

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat

gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat transcript 16 February 2012:

  Mark Kosters:that's good mikey

  Joerg Schweiger:It was Nairobi

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:dropped. Please have dial-out again. thanks!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree Absoltly  woth the addition of the use of an
agreed  Who is effected  taxononly / scale   would be MOST  helpful in deed
and therefore a;so be able to be repeated in future analysis

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry about the typos :-(

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:How about "global purpose TLD"?

  Patrick Jones:I agree w Jim

  Joerg Schweiger:how about number of users effected in specific boundries

  Rossella Mattioli:Hi all, sorry!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YES  Joerg  EXACTLY

  Joerg Schweiger:YES!

  Joerg Schweiger:I meant Mikey's summary ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I understood  it that way ;-)

  Joerg Schweiger::-))

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:are Jinm's  point  if we use  the modified  Table D-6-B
surely  that is picked up that way

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:even a smaller  DNS  penetration  can be a disaster  level
 marker

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:This  LAST  scale  on TYPE  pf imp0acrt  ( as mpdified to
our agreed use for Global DNS)  would  be important  to tie in as well  Mikey
yes...

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bringing onto the  breqdth and  severity camparisons and
effect on users of the DNS  can be picked up  in parralel  as  THAT is what has
Geo polotical importance to a triple  rather dual comparison per threat might
be worthy

  Joerg Schweiger:I'd love a Mikey Fix.  YOu have always got it done!

  Joerg Schweiger:Plenty of time afterwards

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  Happy with the new  pathway

  Joerg Schweiger:Gotta drop off now. Sorry folks. Bye

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye

  Rossella Mattioli:thanks, bye

  Katrina Sataki:thank you!