ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] [ops-dssa] ACTION - DRAFT - meeting-cancellation announcement

  • To: DSSA WG <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] [ops-dssa] ACTION - DRAFT - meeting-cancellation announcement
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:19:53 -0500

hello Ops folks,

can you take a quick look at this draft of the announcement and get me feedback
by close of business today?  i'd like to get it off to the all-DSSA group early
tomorrow.

thanks,

mikey

- - - - - - - - -

hi all,

we (the Ops gang) had a lively discussion about "where are we now, and where
are we going?" this morning and haven't arrived at our answer yet.

so we thought it would be a good idea to cancel the all-DSSA call this Thursday
so's to give us time to refine our thoughts.

stay tuned for the link to the audio recording of our call if you're interested
in all the gory details of what we talked about.  but the puzzler on the table
goes something like this…

- given that we're at a natural "break point" between the go-fast and go-deep
chunks, and that

- a lot has happened since we were chartered (SSR-RT, Board DNS-framework
committee, etc.),

- perhaps it is time to step back and reevaluate where we are going.

we got a pretty good start at that discussion today, but we feel like we need
to chew on it a bit more as a leadership group before we fire up the all-DSSA
effort again.

so enjoy another week off from the DSSA and stay tuned for further developments.

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com