ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 16 August 2012

  • To: DSSA WG <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 16 August 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:12:15 -0700

Dear All,

Please find the Mp3 recording from the DSSA-WG call on Thursday, 16 August 2012
at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dssa-20120816-en.mp3

Please find the Adobe room presentation recording here:
http://icann.adobeconnect.com/p6ljbpq50l5/

A transcript of the AC Chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Transcript and Presentation will be posted shortly on:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/calendar/#aug

Attendees on the call:

At Large Members

. Olivier Crépin-Leblond (ALAC) (co-chair)

. Julie Hammer (ALAC)
. Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ALAC)

ccNSO Members

. Rick Koeller, .ca (CIRA)

. Wim Degezelle, (CENTR)

GNSO Members

. Mikey O'Connor - (CBUC) (co-chair)
. Rosella Mattioli (NCSG)
. George Asare-Sakyi (NCSG)

SSAC members:

ICANN Staff:

. Julie Hedlund

. Patrick Jones

. Bart Boswinkel

. Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies:

. Andre Thompson (At-Large)

. Mark Kosters

. Don Blumenthal - - (RySG)

Link to Working Group Wiki space:
https://community.icann.org/display/AW/Joint+DNS+Security+and+Stability+Analysis+Working+Group

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat

gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat transcript 16 August 2012:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:BArt Boswinkel has joined the call

  Patrick Jones:Looks ok

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sure makes sense...

  Rick Koeller:where does risk response fit in the framework?

  Rick Koeller:in reality when a risk materializes it is an incident

  Rick Koeller:here at cira, our security function is a key stakeholder in our
risk management process, they contribute , monitor, and responde to  a
significant number of our risks - key stakeholder and collaborator of risk
managment

  Patrick Jones:Within an ICANN-internal context, the ICANN Security team also
performs this function, n that we coordinate across the organization
internally, contribute and monitor, but also support our IT Deparment and
provide an "auditing function"

  Patrick Jones:We also have a reporting function to the ICANN Board Risk
Committee

  Rick Koeller:i believe so

  Julie Hammer:It may be that when the Board DNS-RMF WG produces their Risk
Management Framework (hopefully based on functions) that we may need to come
back and align/adapt this framework that we produce.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:why not have SecMx as a subset of Operational in our
context then?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Julie agree

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:maybe there should be a super group / facilitation or
share point at least...

  Julie Hammer:Coordination

  Patrick Jones:At the risk of opening up a can of worms, it might be helpful
to point you to a document we published in April 2010 from a collaboration
analysis workshop conducted in DC. Please disregard the words DNS-CERT in this
report, and just focus on the content.
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-24may10-en.htm. Again,
disregard "DNS-CERT". I think the content is still useful.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the spirit of that is fine Patrick sure

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:understood Patrick sans CERT run by ICANN works fine

  Rossella Mattioli:that workshop had alot of good ideas

  Patrick
Jones:www.icann.org/en/topics/ssr/dns-cert-collaboration-analysis-24may10-en.pdf

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sans = without

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond::-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: NOOOOO

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and  I had the same. ot being heard issue last call but
that was the e phone I thought this time I'm using mic (headset)  in AC room
and O'm talking loud trust me :-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry to be obtuse in chat

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree Patrick reuse and visit the WS outcomes

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes -- good and interesting workshop

  Rick Koeller:I will be away for the next two weeks.  See you in September.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye all thanks...

  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all

  Rossella Mattioli:thanks all

  Patrick Jones:Bye