ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

RE: [dssa] CSIRT Stuff / framework

  • To: Jörg Schweiger <schweiger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dssa] CSIRT Stuff / framework
  • From: Jacques Latour <jacques.latour@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:17:48 -0400

Hi Jörg,

In blue, the National Coordination Center (CSIRT) is the organization that does
incident management for the country, and in red, is the tool, the CSIRT
registry itself, that the National Coordination Center would use to perform day
to day incident management functions.

I can see it in my head, a global framework, and tried many time to put on
paper but having a hard time.

For Canada, the idea is that CIRA (.CA ccTLD) which is an expert in running
registries :-), would operate the CSIRT registry for Canada, and the National
Coordination Center would use the CSIRT registry as an application/service.

Ideally, all ccTLD would operate their own National CSIRT registry...

In Canada we have multiple National Coordination Center, one for governments,
one for Critical sector, one for Banks, and a few other for the Canada and each
one of them have database of contacts (some partial, some complete), they are
good at running security incident response and management, but not good at
keeping their databases up to date.

Jack