ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[eag-feedback]

ALAC Statement on ICANN Expense Analysis

  • To: eag-feedback@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ALAC Statement on ICANN Expense Analysis
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:28:09 -0400

The following statement is being made on behalf of the At-Large Advisory Committee. Due to time constraints, the statement is in the process of being ratified by the ALAC.

Statement of the ALAC to the Public Consultation on Expense Analysis

The ALAC wishes to commend the ICANN Board and financial management team on the greater transparency in its financial operations visible in the current FY budget. We look forward to further efforts of this kind to make ICANN's financial operations more transparent.

In that vein, we wish to suggest more direct links in reporting between budget allocations and actual expenditure, and the link between financing for initiatives and their outcomes. For example, reporting on how effective recruitment and outreach efforts to grow the active ICANN community are when contrasted with the varying amounts budgeted and spent for these activities from year to year would be widely useful in our view.