[EOI] Proposal for IDN gTLD - [Minimum Characters]
- To: eoi-new-gtlds@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EOI] Proposal for IDN gTLD - [Minimum Characters]
- From: Imran Ahmed Shah <ias_pk@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 04:53:18 -0800 (PST)
Dear The ICANNians.
With reference to the subject, it is suggested to allow minimum two (2)
characters of (Local/Native Language) for a new IDN gTLD if they serve a
purpose and have meaningful.
1. Will resolve the issues of the prospective applicants who want to
register two (2) letters domain which may serve the purpose.
2. Will save huge time of the Internet Users
1. Less time to type web address during surfing
2. Less time to type email address while communicating to others.
3. Less utilization of Internet bandwidth & (data traffic)
4. Less occupation of data storage at email servers.
3. In some language (Korean, Japanese or Chinese Language and even in
Hindi) only single typed key may represent a word if try to write down same
pronunciation into Roman English
4. If we need to calculate the saved time, we should have a expected
number of the surfers and liked in email correspondence and a statistics about
the frequency of the browsing of IDN (gTLD base) websites and frequency of the
email communication per day (24 Hr) or per hour.
We should promote and encourage all expected and prospective applicants to use
minimum letters of for the proposed string of IDN cc/gTLD.
Important part of the proposal:
In order to promote selection of less characters (minimum) for IDN gTLD (also
for ccTLD), the application fee for the first round should be charged according
to the numbers of the characters. If some one if demanding big name he have to
pay higher cost because it will increase the load on the Internet Highway and
the Resources adjacent to the Internet World. The basic fee should be charged
on standard Two (2) letters, 50% additional fee should be charged for Three (3)
Letters, 100% additional fee should be charged for the Four (4) Letters, 150%
Fee should be Charged for the Five (5) Letters Script, and more Longer Script
should be charged with the 100% fee for every extra letter.
This will reduce a huge cost of the resources and thousands of the hours of the
Imran Ahmad Shah
[ICANNian since ICANN 36th Seoul Meeting]