ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[fast-flux-initial-report]

Comments on Initial Report on Fast Flux Hosting

  • To: <fast-flux-initial-report@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on Initial Report on Fast Flux Hosting
  • From: "Bonnie Chun" <bonnie.chun@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:52:24 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing in response to the public consultation on the Initial Report
on Fast Flux Hosting.

As you may be aware, phishing and spamvertising using '.hk' domains were
very serious in the year of 2007. We saw a rapid growth in the number of
phishing and spamvertising domains, reaching over thousands, in just a few
months. The majority of these domains were fast flux in nature. Since then,
we have introduced additional measures to stop criminals from registering
'.hk' domain names for illegal use. With the help of the local law
enforcement agencies and the local CERT, the situation was under control in
mid-2007. We noticed that criminals had started moving their vices to other
ccTLDs instead of disappearing.

We would therefore like to register our support to ICANN in formulating a
best practice policy for domain registries / registrars and/or ISPs to fight
against the use of fast flux in illegal activities.

Yours faithfully,

Hong Kong Internet Registration Corporation Limited (the '.hk' Registry)

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete this e-mail entirely.  You must not retain, copy, distribute
or use this e-mail for any other purpose not intended by this email or
disclose any of its content to others.  The recipient should check the email
and attachment for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no

PROTECT OUR ENVIRONMENT - think before printing!