ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ft-implementation]

Our comments on the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Draft Implementation Plan

  • To: ft-implementation@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Our comments on the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Draft Implementation Plan
  • From: "Uninet contact" <contact@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:49:35 +0200

My name is Iliya Bazlyankov and I represent the Bulgarian association
UNINET. Our members are among the top Bulgarian domain registration
and webhosting companies.

Here are our comments on the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Draft Implementation Plan:

***

6.1.4 - > 1.7 -> In case there is a contention between the Internet
community and the government, and the Internet community opinions are
prevailing, then the  desire of the government should not be taken
into consideration OR ICANN must do a careful review of the situation
in the country.

6.1.4 - > 1.8 -> If the significantly interested parties could not
agree that the prospective manager is the appropriate party to receive
the delegation, then the IDN ccTLD should be delegated to the party
with most public support.

Another points and suggestions:

- We suggest that there should be a fast-track contention solving
procedure in the document.

- We suggest that the following text from the new gTLD application
procedure must be also included in the "fast-track" application
procedure:
"During this entire evaluation process,
applicants must not approach, or have any other person or
entity approach on their behalf, any ICANN staff member,
any ICANN Board member, or any person associated with
the evaluation process, including any evaluators, experts,
examiners, or reviewers retained by ICANN."

Best regards,
Iliya Bazlyankov,
Association UNINET board chairman
contact@xxxxxxxxx